Monday, February 16, 2009

Us And The Moon

I've been lagging on uploading and posting pictures this week, but better late than never I guess. Friday night my friends in The Unborn played at the Verity Room in Canoga. Pretty random little venue in the back of a guitar store. I wasn't feeling too good that night so I came a little late and left a little early, so I was only able to catch their set. Their new stuff is pretty off the wall, and eclectic but it was interesting. I'm not exactly the biggest metal fan, but combine it with smooth jazz and talent and originality, like these dudes, and you've got my support. Would've been cool to take some more pictures but I took about 380 picures of just the Unborn so it wouldn't have made much difference. I'm pretty happy with most of the pictures I got. Screwed around with shutter speed, panning, and my newish off-camera flash cord (thanks Sterling!). Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did.






If you're into experimental metal, or jazz, or just want to support a local band; be sure to check out The Unborn at their myspace page(www.myspace.com/theunborn) or keep up with them on their blog(usandthemoon.blogspot.com). I'm looking forward to big things from these dudes in the future. They're currently in the process of recording a new album, so keep your ears and eyes open for that. The rest of the pictures are on my flickr. Check them out here. Thanks for reading.

-Dean

No comments: