Saturday, May 9, 2009

GNAR x Mad World

It's been a while since I've really hung out with my good friend and fellow photographer Aysha Banos. So, yesterday we decided to get together at her house and do a little shooting. She's got a pretty cool little set-up at her place. Backdrops, a few hotlights and a nice studio flash. She also has an umbrella I would've liked to use, but it was M.I.A. We spent a few minutes setting everything up, and messing around with lighting angles before we got down to business. Aysha is an accomplished photographer and does this kind of stuff all the time, but it was my first time doing a "fashion" shoot. Nothing too fancy, just Aysha in front of the hotlights posing away. I guess when you're shooting models all the time you sort of pick up on the tricks of the trade. She was pretty natural and worked well with my awkward shooting and direction. I pretty much let her do what she wanted with the shoot and I'm happy with most of my shots. A few of my favorites ended up being out of focus, so I'll spend a few minutes today adjusting my viewfinder to the right setting so I won't have to deal with it next time. I pretty much just winged the whole shoot. Adjusting the lighting and white balance as I went. Got a few good shots, although a few of my favorites aren't in here because of the focusing issue.









Check out the rest on my flickr, and be sure to check out Aysha's work. There'll be more posts about the last week or so coming up at the Young Hearts site so be sure to check that out as well. Thanks for reading.

-Dean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fucking love you Dean