Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seattle: Day 1

Yesterday was the first day here in Seattle. Pretty long day. Picked Kat up the night before and we grabbed our last bit of In 'n' Out before we left for Washington. Had a couple grilled che' with grilled onions; BOMB. We were both pretty tired, and we had to get up early the next morning, so we just went back to my house after that. Finished getting everything together for the trip, then got ready to sleep.

Woke up at 5:30 the next morning, and headed to the airport. Security line was long as hell, but it actually moved pretty quickly. The plane ride wasn't bad. Kat had a few jittery moments, which was pretty entertaining for me. The flight attendant was pretty hot, and sat next to us for most of the trip. Had good conversations with her about Japan, Hello Kitty, and tattoos. The view from the plane was nice. Mostly just smooth white clouds, with random snowy mountains sticking out here and there. Would've taken pictures but Kat had the window seat and we were right on the wing. Kinda lame. Landed at SeaTac around12ish and stepped onto the ground from the plane. Immediately, you could tell how crisp and fresh the air is. Felt so nice to breath air that isn't filled with smog and other garbage.




We came straight to the hotel, from the airport, but it was too early to check in. So, we went downstairs and ate some Thai food, then took a little walk around UW but my camera battery died within ten minutes. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. But i managed to get a couple pictures before it died. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and it's amazing. The architecture on campus is awesome too. All the buildings are red-brick gothic style. It's awesome. I fell in love the second i walked on campus.


One of the eighteen libraries on campus


After walking around the school for a few minutes, we headed back to the hotel and checked in. Settled all our stuff in the room, and then hopped on a bus into Downtown Seattle. We walked around there and took pictures for hours. This city is amazing. So many awesome buildings and parts of town. We walked down to the waterfront, and found Ye Olde Curiosity Shop. Pretty siqq. Then we headed to Pike's Market, but there wasn't much action there because it was late in the day and all the vendors were closing up. Got to see the O.G. Starbuck's though. Nothin' special. After that we hopped back on the bus and came back to the University District. Got some awesome calzone, shared pictures with Kat and my mom, then knocked the fuck out.


favorite shot of the day



Totem




Flower's at Pike's Market

Downtown highrise

Some weird sculptures Downtown



Lusty Lady!

Right now, I'm posting from my mom's laptop, and it isn't letting me edit the size of the pictures in the post. So frustrating. It took me an entire day of on-and-off writing to get this far on this long ass blog, and now it won't let me edit it the way I want to. This computer is going out the window in a minute. I'm also a day behind on my posts, so I'll post days 2 & 3 in one post, tomorrow. Again, I couldn't change the size of the pictures, so if some of them get cut off at the edges just click on them and it'll bring up the full shot. Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep now, my allergies are killing me. You can check out the rest of my shots on my flickr, and keep checking back here over the next few days for the rest of my trip. Thanks for reading.
-Dean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sakura!
seattle's the shit man. enjoy and get some clam chowder there. and you're right about how clean the air is. i think it's the "greenest" city in the U.S. actually. the first thing i noticed when i got back to LA from there is how brown our air is haha.